From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This page has been closed down by community consensus, and is retained only for historical reference.|
If you wish to restart discussion on the status of this page, seek community input at a forum such as the village pump.
A WikiNode is a standard page that shows how a wiki relates to other wiki projects and communities on the Web. It is part of the WikiNodes Project, which aims to create a fabric among wikis, allowing users to traverse "Wikiland" via topically related links.
This is the WikiNode for the English Wikipedia. If you are a newcomer, please visit our Welcome page, and enjoy your stay!
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 6,052,131 articles.
Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
- More than 1,000,000 articles:
- More than 250,000 articles:
- More than 50,000 articles:
Encyclopedias without WikiNodes
Other wiki communities
- Wikia – A collection of wiki communities.
- WikiWikiWeb – The original wiki: its primary focus is "People, Projects, and Patterns" in software development, but it stretches out to far more than that.
- Meatball Wiki – A community of active practitioners striving to teach each other how to organize people using online tools.
- CommunityWiki – A wiki community for talk about communities both online and offline.
- WikiIndex – a wiki of wikis, wiki people and wiki ideas.
- Free Culture – An international chapter-based student organization that promotes the public interest in intellectual property and information & communications technology policy.
- FrathWiki – A wiki for fantasy languages, worlds and cultures (avoiding 'innocent spam', i.e. people posting about personal projects, on Wikipedia).
- IRC: server: freenode, channel: #Wikipedia
- Collaborative editing: moon-edit, server: is-root.de, port: 32123, page: en.Wikipedia