From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Welcome to the OTRS noticeboard
Wikimedia's volunteer response team (OTRS) handles copyright permissions, email inquiries from the public, reuse inquiries, article errors, and a wide range of non-public inquiries. The email service is operated and managed by a cross-project team of volunteers at the Meta-Wiki level and not by the English Wikipedia community. Actions by OTRS volunteers on English Wikipedia are ultimately subject to review by the Arbitration Committee.
Please be aware that there is sometimes a backlog in processing tickets sent to the permissions-en queue. This backlog is currently 17 days.
- This noticeboard is primarily for
- Permissions verification and inquiries for text and files (hosted on the English Wikipedia) said to have been granted permission via OTRS.
- Requests for OTRS volunteer review of matters that have been described as OTRS comments or actions.
- Other inquiries to OTRS volunteers that do not involve, disclose or reference private material.
- Do not post
- Private information or links to private information (including but not limited to emails, phone numbers, physical addresses).
- Fishing requests (asking for all details of a ticket or generally probing ticket information). You should make a specific request and clearly state the reason for your request.
- Additional questions on a point, once an OTRS volunteer has indicated they cannot answer due to privacy issues. (Further inquiries and any complaints should be made via email.)
- Requests for OTRS access (use meta:OTRS/volunteering instead).
- Questions regarding media hosted on Wikimedia Commons (use Commons:OTRS/Noticeboard instead).
- Media questions unrelated to OTRS (use Wikipedia:Media copyright questions instead).
Useful OTRS email addresses
unique portrait of J H Scheltema
I did in the fairly recent past provide a statement of permission for the use of the unique portrait of J.H.Scheltema. I now know it's is not entirely unique as I have located other portraits of him. Regards
Peter Reynders — Preceding unsigned comment added by Peter Reynders (talk • contribs) 00:54, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
Question about OTRS
How do I opt out of email notifications for OTRS? Interstellarity (talk) 11:40, 14 April 2020 (UTC)