The Cenotaph located in the centre of Victoria Park
|Area||2.4 hectares (5.9 acres)|
|Operated by||City of Regina|
|Status||Open all year|
The park is the size of two city blocks, bordered north and south by 12th Avenue and Victoria Avenue, and east and west by Scarth Street and Lorne Street. The centre of the park divides north and southbound Cornwall Street. On the north side of the park is City Square Plaza, a stone paved plaza encompassing part of 12th Avenue and part of the park, used for festivals and the Regina Farmers Market. On the south side of the park is a children's play area in the south-east corner and a statue of Sir John A. Macdonald at the south central entrance at Cornwall Street. The north-west corner has small maintenance buildings and the centre of the park is the focal point where the cenotaph is located amidst a raised circular area covered in pavement stone and surrounded by a circular wall.
Originally a treeless square that was set aside in 1883, it was renamed after Queen Victoria in 1907. Since that time it has received considerable improvements including many trees, the Regina Cenotaph, and a children's playground.
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|